About Subterranean Termite Colonies
One of the main types of termites found around Hot Springs, subterranean termites, earn their name from their habit of building underground colonies. This pest prefers to live underground in moist areas where their colony spreads far out in your yard, entirely out of sight. Mud tubes protect the subterranean termites from exposure as they cross from their underground colonies into the foundation of your home and then further into the wooden structures.
It is important to note that having damp or damaged wood on your home’s foundation dramatically increases your risk of termites starting to move from outside of your property to the inside.
How Termites Silently Destroy Property
Termites are often undetected as they get inside your home, thanks to their small size and ability to infiltrate into wooden structures without being noticed. However, once this insect starts creating tunnels on your property, the damages can quickly add up as the infestation grows larger and larger. Termites will constantly chew and hollow out the wood in your home to create tunnels; this leads to several adverse effects such as sinking floors, tight-fitting windows and doors, dipping ceilings, peeling paint, and risk of structural collapse.
Because termites are so silent when they infiltrate, most homeowners don’t notice a problem until significant signs of damage show up. This is why proactive subterranean termite treatments and the help of the best termite control company in Hot Springs – Advanced Pest Control – are essential.
Five Natural And Effective Termite Prevention Tips
Prevention is the best natural way to get rid of termites and effectively deter future infestations of this pest. Follow these steps to keep termites away from your home:
- Seal up cracks around your home’s foundation, windows, doors, and utility areas. Ensure to repair wood in your foundation that is damp or otherwise damaged.
- Ensure your yard has proper drainage and fix up any leaks. Keep the gutter clear and put adequate ventilation around your home to stop moist areas inside and out from attracting termites.
- Keep your yard clear of debris such as woodpiles, leaf litter, and fallen branches. Also, ensure the grass stays trimmed low to make the areas less hospitable to termites and store firewood far away from your home.
- Reduce soil to wood contact around your home’s foundation by placing a barrier between yard soil and the wood. This makes it harder for termites to invade.
- Stain any fences around your property or unfinished wood on your home to make it easier for termites to find their way inside.
The Most Effective Termite Control In Hot Springs
If you want the details on how to get rid of termites effectively and permanently, you should contact Advanced Pest Control at the first sign of these pests. Only our professionals at Advanced Pest Control can help you with tailored subterranean termite treatments that work quickly to eradicate all traces of this insect in your home.
So, skip the DIY methods and home remedies for termites and reach out to the best termite control company – Advanced Pest Control – today.
Request Your Free Estimate
Complete the form below to request your no obligation estimate.