Termite damage is one of the most problematic things for a Hot Springs property owner to handle. Termite damage often starts unnoticed and quickly becomes a significant problem right under your nose. The key to avoiding termite damage is implementing prevention tips and reaching out to Hot Springs pest control professionals for assistance.
What Does Termite Damage Look Like?
Termite damage can be easily missed at first, as it usually starts small. However, this minor damage adds up and can worsen the longer termites are allowed to chew and tunnel their way through the internal wooden structures of your property.
Examples of termite damage, from the least to most severe, includes:
- Pinpoint holes in drywall or baseboards
- Termite frass around baseboards, windowsills, or doorjambs
- Wooden areas that start to appear like they have water damage
- Doors and windows that become tight-fitting or stuck
- Bubbling or peeling paint on walls
- Sinking floors and ceilings
- Bulging walls
- Wood that breaks away easily
- Structural collapse or total breakage of walls
Seeing any of these examples of termite damage around your property means that you should contact Advanced Pest Control right away for termite protection in Hot Springs.
Most Common Areas To Find Termite Damage
Moist or humid areas draw termites, and anywhere wood already has moisture damage is a perfect area for them to invade and start setting up their colonies. Around your property, you are most likely to find termite damages hidden around kitchen and bathroom areas, near basements and garages, at the foundation of your property, and anywhere that excess water is soaking into the wood.
If you aren’t sure where termites are coming from or where the termite damage in your property starts, you should contact our expert team at Advanced Pest Control for an inspection.
What To Do If You Find Termite Damage
If you find termite damage, the first thing you should do isn’t complete a repair or bring out the DIY treatment methods. Instead, you should contact us at Advanced Pest Control. Only professional tactics can help you narrow down your major termite activity areas and complete expert termite removal of any infestation on your property. With our help, you can avoid further termite damage and get to work safely repairing existing damage in no time.
Most Effective Way To Prevent Termite Damage In The Future
The most effective way to prevent future termite damage is to implement these termite prevention tips:
- Reduce soil to wood contact around the foundation of your property to make it harder for termites to move inside.
- Cut back any long grasses outside and remove yard debris such as fallen branches and tree stumps to discourage termites from outdoor areas.
- Fix moisture and drainage issues around your property that may damage wood or encourage termites to move inside.
- Caulk and seal cracks around your property’s windows, doors, and foundation to stop termites from infiltrating through these small open areas.
- Be vigilant during termite swarming season and close exterior entrances to deter termite infestations.
And remember, if you have questions about termite control or need help eliminating active termites, you should contact Advanced Pest Control the moment you sense a termite problem is happening.
Request Your Free Estimate
Complete the form below to request your no obligation estimate.